Thursday, October 21, 2010

I REMEMBER THESE THINGS. . . wait a minute . . .

So I was cleaning and I run across this tiny tin full of junk. 
I decide to open the tin.
I find something that threw me for a little nostalgia trip.
I don't have a clue if I'm the only one . . . young and stupid enough to remember these things, so you guys tell me.
The batteries in my camera are dead, so I'm going to have to turn to google images for help.

THESE THINGS





Yeah? These things?



Hahah! Hit clips.
The battery still works so I decided to take a listen.
I squeed a little bit at all the memories I had with this thing .
Then it hit me. . . These things used to run for about 8 bucks. 
But that's not what made me think "WHY GOD, WHY WAS I SO STUPID?"
The little music . . . CD thing? Yeah. That little cartridge used to run for about $3.99.
It isn't even the WHOLE song. It's about like-- a 30 second clip of the song, and depending on the song, it's the edited version of the original.
But  you know. . . this WAS late. . . 90's, early 2000's or whatever. . . and only the rich kids had computers and money to go spend on the actual CD's.
I know most kids are stupid, but why try to . . . rip them off like that?
It just makes me laugh.

9 comments:

  1. Omg, I so remember these ;D
    I used to have a little Ghettoblaster with a Britney Spears song XD
    I was so ridicules but fun anyways XD
    I think mine is gone though ;A;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the mcDonalds promotion with those and listened to the backstreet boys one CONSTANTLY

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MAN FIRST I DIDNT REMEMBER AND NOW I DO. MY CHILDHOOD THE AWKWARDNESS OH GOD OH GOD WHY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man,I remember wanting those so bad, but my parents wouldn't get them for me. Then I found Napster, and everything worked out for me :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I found the stereo-shaped player in my closet last summer. The sound quality was so bad, too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never had one of those, but I remember people that had them XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pretty jealous of the other kids who had these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I was lucky enough to have an actual portable cd player. You had to keep it the right side up, and sitting on a flat surface for the cd to play, or else it would skip. And you'd carry around a little case with your cds in it, or try to cram 2 or 3 cds in one case.

    God dammit kids today are so spoiled. I remember being in HS and having to use quarters at the payphone >:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember these, all the cool kids were supposed to have them. But I never had one.

    >It isn't even the WHOLE song.
    ahaha, oh wow. I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete